Thursday, May 5, 2011

Used Hosiery: Tourniquet

Read the remainder of my blog entry for details on why I am hesitant to recommend this idea from the book, and how you can improve it.

Be sure to check out the other used hosiery ideas, by clicking used, which can also be found in the right column, under Popular Topics.

I am not sure that that is a good idea, because the entire forearm needs to be cradled with support, but hosiery legs are too narrow to cradle very well. I recommend weaving a bunch of legs together to form a large sheet, so that it could cradle the entire arm, if you insist on doing this. Another alternative is to sew a bunch of pieces together, to get what you need. I also advise taking a first aid course, so that you can learn how a tourniquet is used.

That being said, you would not be giving hosiery a great name, if your homemade tourniquet did not look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment